Meditate.io gives a fresh theoretical look at meditation styles and a “brains-on” simple and effective practice in the various styles.
Offering: distinctions and simple practice
They distinguish meditation by its focus in 5 different areas:
- Concentration (of the mind)
- Mindfulness (of the body)
- Heartfulness (and kindness)
- Inquiry (of the why?)
- Awareness (and spaciousness)
I like their distinctions and down-to-earth tone. I find their training pieces nicely short yet usefully concentrated. And I consider their prices are very reasonable ($15-$25) for the quality their courses.
If you are curious about some background in meditation and want to cut down to the simplified essence and practice, I suggest you give Meditate.io a try.
- Binaural beats to help bring your brain in theta state (such as Holosync), Brain.fm, iDoser and many others).
- Inner Balance and Lief for tools that support meditation by HRV coherence bio-feedback. Relatively cheap and effective.
- Muse headband supporting meditation by brainwave monitoring as bio-feedback. Somewhat about twice as expensive as the Inner Balance, much faster and brutally-honest feedback cycle.